New contrib repository

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Tue Nov 7 15:32:08 UTC 2006

Hi,

Lately we've been working on a new model[1][2] for the contrib
repository, which is now hosted on crux.nu.

Contrib users should update their contrib.rsync file, available
here: http://crux.nu/portdb/?a=getup&q=contrib or in the
'core/ports' port.

Note that not every previous contrib member has joined the
new contrib yet, so the number of available ports is small.
Please bug your favourite maintainer for re-joining the
current contrib :-)

To mitigate the transition we provide a static snapshot of the
old contrib repository, under the very creative name
of contrib-old, rsync file available here:
http://crux.nu/portdb/?a=getup&q=contrib-old

People interested in taking part of the new contrib repository
can start from here: http://crux.nu/Main/ContribRules ; the
current contrib maintainer is Simon Gloßner.

Best regards,
Simone

[1] http://lists.crux.nu/pipermail/crux-devel/2006-September/001954.html
[2] http://lists.crux.nu/pipermail/crux-contrib/2006-October/000739.html