qt3 update

Alan Mizrahi alan+crux at mizrahi.com.ve
Wed Nov 8 23:57:18 UTC 2006

El Miércoles, 8 de Noviembre de 2006 7:02 PM, kodiak escribió:
> Hello list!
>
> After updating qt3 from the official opt repo (3.3.6 -> 3.3.7), all KDE
> apps give me the following error:
>
> symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3: undefined symbol:
> XF86VidModeQueryVersion

Are you using x11 7.0?

If so, please install xorg-libxxf86vm and retry the build.

If not, please check that you have the files:
/usr/X11R6/lib/libXxf86vm.so
/usr/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h

If you DO have the files, try to build this program using:
gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXxf86vm

#include <X11/Xlib.h>
#include <X11/Xatom.h>
#include<X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h>
int main(int a, char *b[]) { XF86VidModeGetPermissions(NULL, 0, NULL); }

Then send me any error messages you get.

Alan Mizrahi