default dirnames in /etc/pkgmk.conf

Anton Vorontsov cbou at mail.ru
Thu Nov 16 02:41:29 UTC 2006

Hi Han!

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 02:03:50AM +0059, Han Boetes wrote:
> Simon Gloъner wrote:
> > I disagree. We shouldn't add default configure args or even
> > default "delete macros". In the worst case this is doing things
> > with some ports which we don't want.
>
> You let your imagination run wild.
>

> > Right now it's perfect in my opinion. If you want to change the
> > prefix to /usr, add it to the Pkgfile. If you want to delete
> > some junk files, add the commands to the Pkgfile. That's simple
> > and secure and come on it's not much more work...
>
> Are you a port maintainer? I mean, a real one? Ever seen the
> output of prtverify?

Though I'm not Simon.. and I'm not [public] port maintainer, but I
do not like that idea. Sorry, Han. :-( Though, I'm myself using some
additional variables defined in pkgmk's configuration file for the my
cross compilation toolchain (e.g. CROSS_ROOT, CROSS_HOST, CROSS_TARGET
variables), but I do this because there is no another way to do it
better, and I do realize that this is [inevitable necessary] hacks.
Further more, I do it in another file and calling pkgmk with -cf
option pointing to it.

> The macros do not disable using a port in the normal way at
> all. They just make it easier to make standard ports right.

Han, you're best sed/awk/bash wizard I've ever saw, isn't using these
tools won't help supporting your ports collection? Is *dir variables
and Configure macros are really inevitable necessary hacks for you?

> # Han
> --
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/crux/

Thanks,