default dirnames in /etc/pkgmk.conf

Han Boetes han at mijncomputer.nl
Thu Nov 16 06:15:11 UTC 2006

Brett Goulder wrote:
> Personally, I think duplicating a few basic configure options
> between ports is hack-worthy. Gentoo do something similar to
> this with econf, although admittedly their implementation is far
> larger. I think this is something CRUX needs to do, as it really
> would make writing Pkgfile's less tedious and reduce the amount
> of time required to produce one.

The remove_perlcrap macro has been used in c4o and works great.  I
guess the Configure macro will work fine in 90% of the cases,
though often you will have to add one or two options. And
sometimes it won't work, but then again, you don't have to.

So if the port now contains something like ``./configure
--prefix=/usr --disable-dls'' you can simply substitute it with
the macro.

This is the options for xpdf:

    ./configure \
        --prefix=/usr \
        --with-Xm-library=/usr/lib \
        --with-Xm-includes=/usr/include/Xm \
        --with-freetype2-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
        --sysconfdir=/etc \
        --enable-a4-paper \
        --enable-opi

In that case you can use:

    Configure  \
        --with-Xm-library=/usr/lib \
        --with-Xm-includes=/usr/include/Xm \
        --with-freetype2-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
        --enable-a4-paper \
        --enable-opi

An old dutch saying comes to mind:

``Wat een boer ni kent da vrit i ni''

Or ``What a farmer doesn't know he refuses to eat.''

# Han
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software/crux/