regarding footprint-mismatch error message

Jesse Kokkarinen jesse.kokkarinen at kapsi.fi
Thu Nov 30 21:10:20 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 09:03:19PM +0100, Han Boetes wrote:
> Fredrik Rinnestam wrote:
> > But to create a dupe in contrib as a way to merge your ideas
> > with mainline is not in anyones interest, IMO.
>
> It's not a dupe.

I see the port as derivative work, however the name is what causes the
problem in my opinion. Maybe it should be renamed to pkgutils-han to emphasize
it is different from the original.

> And I want to provide this port in contrib because so many want to
> use it, so they won't have to install my repo to get it.

Not like it is difficult to get ports from other repos, but I think that,
for simplicity, it should be made available from contrib.