Gnome install script fails with vte and a missing XML::Parser

Kevin Schenker k.schenker at gmx.net
Wed Oct 4 20:47:53 UTC 2006

Hi!

> Followed the instruction in the FAQ for installing Gnome on CRUX.
> Exellent
> guidelines but the install script fails with vte:
>
> [stuff deleted]
> checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
> checking for XML::Parser... configure: error: XML::Parser perl module is
> required for intltool
> =======> ERROR: Building '/usr/ports/contrib/vte/vte#0.13.0-1.pkg.tar.gz'
> failed.
> -- Packages where install failed
> vte
> Press <ENTER> to continue ..
>
> So somehow it is related to Perl not knowing where its XML::Parser is:

The standard perl package probably doesn't contain extra modules like
XML::Parser. Thus, you have to install it additionally. I'm not sure if
someone has created a package file for it but you can try to find it on
the crux homepage in the "port section" or just search in your local ports
tree for "xml" related stuff?!

Hope that helps ;D