Back to CRUX

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Thu Oct 5 13:18:01 UTC 2006

On 10/05/06 13:04 Anselm R. Garbe wrote:

Hi,

> Last thing for this mail: Simone, did you continued the uCRUX
> development?

Not in the form of a full CRUX port. I've been working on an uclibc
based CRUX lookalike for my job lately, specifically intended for
booting from usb/CF/SD. Since we aimed for a compact setup,
we simply used busybox and added the very few packages (<10) we needed.

> I tried to build a linux from scratch
> using a uclibc toolchain, and it got quite far (I even compile
> X11R7.1 with uClibc, some ioctl-related issues needed to
> be patched) - but I'm not sure it is a good idea to
> enforce everything to use a non-glibc environment, that's why I
> ask if some other would like to see such development that those
> tools which compile fine use a C library with at least clutter
> as possible.

I came to the conclusion that for my current needings a complete
uclibc port of CRUX would be overkill, but I'm sure there are
other people interested in it out there.

--
Simone Rota
Bergamo, Italy - http://www.varlock.com