Gnome install script fails with vte and a missing XML::Parser

Theo Kanter kanter at kth.se
Fri Oct 6 12:12:04 UTC 2006

Hi Johannes

> Are those both regular directories? In a normal install of python, both
> should be there, and /usr/lib/python should be a symlink to
> /usr/lib/python2.4.

Of course you are right. I wasn't thinking clear with so many hiccups
during the gnome install. Now 'prt-get depinst --install-scripts gnome'
is done. But I got stuck with howl.

There is no such script in /etc/rc.d
jaeger.morpheus.net/linux/crux/repos/gnome/howl/ is empty... I found a
cached backup on Google:

#!/bin/sh # # /etc/rc.d/howl: start/stop howl daemons # case $1 in
start) /usr/bin/nifd /usr/bin/mDNSResponder -f
/usr/etc/mDNSResponder.conf ;; stop) killall -q /usr/bin/nifd killall -q
/usr/bin/mDNSResponder ;; restart) $0 stop sleep 2 $0 start ;; *) echo
"usage: $0 [start|stop|restart]" ;; esac # End of file

The script points to non-existant directories, so clearly something is
missing or howl is just obsolete.

--theo (confused)