Xorg performerce

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski at pwr.wroc.pl
Tue Oct 10 10:42:30 UTC 2006

Hello,

Trying to resolve problem with gnumeric I upgrade a nice piece of
system. After that I found some performers issue. I think its related
to X. All start of any graphical application take ages (even Rox
windows do not start immediately as it previously). The Xorg has been
upgrade from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 [1]. I found only one error in Xorg:
(EE) MGA(0): [drm] Failed to map DMA buffers list

I think Tilman has very similar problem with modular version of Xorg.
[2]

BTW Tilman the link to documentation of installation of Xorg7 is no in
<a> </a>.

Wawrzek

[1] Xorg -version

X Window System Version 6.9.0
Release Date: 21 December 2005
X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.9
Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.15.6 i686 [ELF]
Current Operating System: Linux piecyk 2.6.15.6 #6 Sat Jun 17 20:41:09
CEST 2006 i686
Build Date: 17 May 2006
        Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org
Module Loader present

[2] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011543.html
--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański        WWW: http://larryn.blogspot.com/
    vel LarryN           E-MAIL: wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski[na]pwr.wroc.pl
PhD student @                           JID: larryn at chrome.pl
Wroclaw University of Technology        TEL: +48(071)320-2894