Xorg performerce

sip at varlock.com sip at varlock.com
Tue Oct 10 10:49:37 UTC 2006

> Hello,
>
> Trying to resolve problem with gnumeric I upgrade a nice piece of
> system. After that I found some performers issue. I think its related
> to X. All start of any graphical application take ages (even Rox
> windows do not start immediately as it previously). The Xorg has been
> upgrade from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 [1]. I found only one error in Xorg:
> (EE) MGA(0): [drm] Failed to map DMA buffers list

Hi,

not sure if it's related, anyway I had a similar problem
after the update to the new fontconfig: all apps (xterm, rox, firefox)
took a long time to start due to caching issues.

After I rejmerged fontconfig and a run fc-cache, the problem
was gone. A symptom is that running fc-cache as root shows
something like "Cannot update cache".

Hope it helps,
Regards,
Simone