ANN: New portdb

sip at varlock.com sip at varlock.com
Tue Oct 17 15:00:37 UTC 2006

Hi,

>> May be leave info from Pkgfile (descriprion, url)?
>
> And version+release

not at this time, sorry.

The whole point of the new portdb was to provide something that:
1. is "enough" for exploring 3rd party repos: only list ports/repos
2. does not download random files from the net other that
   what's strictly needed for #1

We recognize that the new portdb lacks the details provided by
the previous version, yet it's all we can provide at the moment.

If anybody's interested in coding *and maintaining* a more
complete version, please drop me a mail.

Regards,
Simone