pkgutils-c

Anton Vorontsov cbou at mail.ru
Tue Oct 24 22:30:39 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce pkgutils-c, pkgutils rewritten in C, as purposed
in http://crux.nu/Main/PkgutilsIdeas article. It is using libarchive,
and it's drop-in replacement for the pkgutils except that you have to
rejmerge /etc/pkgadd.conf, as its format changed (regexps must be placed
in "" quotes and \ character must be escaped by \: like "\\d+").

pkgadd's -u option is meaningless now, but still accepted for the
compatibility.

There are still may be some amount of bugs, thus don't try it on the box
you fear to bring down.

And don't blame CRUX developers for the bugs/misbehaviours in pkgutils-c,
blame me because it is my effort only.

You can download it here:
  ftp://crux-arm.kmeaw.com/pub/crux-arm/depot/pkgutils-c-1.0.tar.bz2

git tree also available:
  git clone git://crux-arm.kmeaw.com/git/utils

Ugly but tested Pkgfile under the crux/ directory. I'm using much
cleaner version, because I have libarchive in my core ports collection.

Good luck,

-- Anton (irc: bd2)