blocksize

Matthias Pfeifer mpfeifer77 at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 5 19:38:26 UTC 2006

2006/8/31, Johannes Winkelmann <jw at smts.ch>:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 23:17:04 +0200, Matthias Pfeifer wrote:
> [...]
> > PS: Is there a way to search the list-archive?
> listed on
>   http://crux.nu/Main/MailingLists
> It is now, and you can browse and search here:
>   http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.distributions.crux.general
>
> HTH, Johannnes
> --
> Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
> Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch

Thanks Johannes,

Sorry that i have to continue this dead thread. But i am still
struggling with my file-system.
Ok, I ignored the recommendation from the handbook. But i keep moving.
I want to go to reiserfs for some reasons and prepared a partition with

"mkreiserfs -b 512 /dev/hda4"

however mounting the partition with

"mount /dev/hda4 /mnt"

gives me a "floating point exception".

Is there anything i can do to avoid this?
The crux list has no reference to this and doing a google search on
the topic seems to give only a bunch of completely unrelated links.
gdb gives me a backtrace with

#0 blkid_llseek () from /lib/libblkid.so.1
#1 blkid_verify () from /lib/libblkid.so.1
#2 blkid_get_dev () from /lib/libblkid.so.1
#3 blkid_get_tag_value () from /lib/libblkid.so.1
#4 error ()

Is there somthing wrong in my system? I can hardly imagine what that
might be... My kernel? My libblkid.so.1? My kernel is self-compiled.
libblkid.so.1 i never touched...

thanks for any help...

Matthias