blocksize

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Tue Sep 5 21:31:49 UTC 2006

Hey,

On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 23:07:53 +0200, Johannes Winkelmann wrote:
[...]
> Now, if blocksize is 512, blocksize>>10 is 0. This explains the problem
> you're seeing.
> That said, it's not possible to use a blocksize of 512 with the current
> release of e2fsprogs. Whether this is intentional or not is unclear to
> me at the moment.
Searching a bit further, I found the following patch:
  http://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/hvogel/RPMS/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-probe_reiserfs-fpe.patch

With this patch applied, mounting the partition works, however since I
can't judge whether this is causing any further problems, some posts
I've read talk about performance issues and both mkreiserfs and mount
commands took extremely long (even for reiser) when using such small
blocksizes I decided to keep core/e2fsprogs in sync with the upstream
release.

Regards, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch