stale 50-udev.rules in /etc/udev/rules

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Wed Sep 6 09:27:04 UTC 2006

Hi There,

I updated one of my machines from the crux-2.2 installation.
Since about a week, after some udev updates, udevtrigger started
to yell with something like:
udevd-event[8578]: run_program: 'udev_run_hotplugd input' failed
udevd-event[8578]: run_program: '/lib/udev/udev_run_hotplugd' failed

The reason was a stale /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules
which are some outdated gentoo specific rules.
Removing the file solved those problems.

I'm not sure if this happens more frequently out there.
If so, we should put that into the README or modify the
Pkgfile to move that file to rejected / removed.

Best Greets,
--
Clemens Koller

http://www.anagramm.de