CRUX from LFS

Giorgio Agrelli giorgio_a at libero.it
Wed Sep 6 10:53:47 UTC 2006

Clemens Koller wrote:
> Hi There!

hello

> I want to migrate a selfmade proprietary LFS embedded powerpc
> system to follow the CRUX look&feel by hosting port repositories
> for my architecture and use the crux package tools to keep several
> of those machines in sync and up to date.

Well i guess you should just install ports and pkgutils over it and start
using it...

> 1. Is there some documentation available for the lazy guys
> (i.e. from the CRUX-PPC folks) to avoid duplicate brainwork?

yep we've been lazy lately but there is a crux-ppc 2.2 (it's alpha but it's
quite usable) available if you go to seek on our "improvements" forum...

> 2. Is it possible / a good idea to build the ports db by
> package-by-package migration (installation / update) via my own
> ports tree just starting it, installing over the existing system?

the plain crux (or crux-ppc, if you go back a couple of versions of it you
might find a more readable one) Makefile should be ok to do that.

anyway installing them in another path and then chrooting in there (the way
the makefile does with make bootstrap) should be better...

> And once this is finished, is it a good idea to remove the files
> carefully from the filesystem which are not part of a package in
> the db?

installing everything somewhere else and using the new environment should be a
better idea...

bye

giorgio

P.S.: sorry for sending to the mailing list from the wrong address...

--
NullPointer  ||  GnuPG/PGP Key-Id: 0x343B22E6
http://cruxppc.sunsite.dk