CRUX from LFS

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Thu Sep 7 07:57:21 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 11:51:19 +0200, Clemens Koller wrote:
> Hi There!
>
> I want to migrate a selfmade proprietary LFS embedded powerpc
> system to follow the CRUX look&feel by hosting port repositories
> for my architecture and use the crux package tools to keep several
> of those machines in sync and up to date.
[...]
> 2. Is it possible / a good idea to build the ports db by
> package-by-package migration (installation / update) via my own
> ports tree just starting it, installing over the existing system?

Hi, here's the approach I chose for the sparc port:
  http://jw.tks6.net/files/crux/sparc-porting.txt

The primary benefit of this approach is that you don't pollute the
working (non-crux) system while getting a _clean_ crux chroot you can
base further work on.

HTH, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch