Building X11R7.1

Darran Kartaschew darran.kartaschew at pcanu.com.au
Mon Sep 18 04:10:43 UTC 2006

Behalf Of Lucas Hazel

Thanks, I've finally managed to get X11R7 installed and working. :)
(Updated to gcc4.1 and a friend downloaded the entire X11R7.1 source
from git and bzipped it for me).

Anyway, I've come across another problem. ATI drivers... I grabbed the
v8.28.8 rpm from ati.com for x.org (the 17MB one, not the full 50MB+
installer), and getting a message about version mismatch when trying to
start X when using this driver?
------
ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 1.0
[R200Setup] X version mismatch - detected X.org 7.1.0, required X.org
6.8.0.0
-----

Does anyone know a way around this, or do I need to download the full
50MB+ installer and pray that I have all the requirements it needs, just
so I can get the correct driver installed?

Darran

PS. Who said life was meant to be easy? :P