mailinglist vs web forum

Simone Rota sip at varlock.com
Fri Sep 22 09:48:34 UTC 2006

Tobias Richter wrote:
> Hi guys,

Hey,

> i have simply put a forum under the domain crux-forum.com. please
> review and maybe someone can put a link at crux.nu to the forum ?
>
> I respect Johannes thoughts about a forum and we will follow them: 1.
> for this to work, motivated CRUX _users_ must take the responsibility
> to provide help/support there 2. the mailing list is authoritive and
> the place for "official" discussion.

> Please don't slap me - it is only a experiment. When nobody is
> interested in the forum i close it...
>
> Tell me your thoughts !

It's fine for me to have a community-run forum since it provides
an often requested service without taking time away from main
developement and maintainance tasks.

I'll certainly add a link/page at crux.nu later today;
if your experiment is successful and the forum becomes a valuable
resource for CRUX users, I think we may as well host it at crux.nu
in the future if there are volunteers for maintenance/moderation.

Thanks & Regards,
Simone