FW: mailinglist vs web forum

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski at pwr.wroc.pl
Fri Sep 22 21:40:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 03:22:25PM -0600, smagnuson at forzani.com wrote:
> Hitoshi, forwarded as per your request.  Now I'm going to comment on it
> :)
>
> If Crux adoption was bigger I may agree that segregating the forum could
> be a good idea.  Thus letting the developers develop and letting the
> users use.
> But... the Crux user base is not that big.
>
> I don't believe the Crux mailing list is not solely for crux
> developments.
[...]

I agree. I don't think participate in forum. I've found that if mailing
list is 'slow' the best what you can do is contact irc channel.

I think better idea will be making editing crux wiki easier and trying
to strength cruxer community  (blogs planet, making user list etc.).
Of course, we can  do all of this thinks :)

Wawrzek
-
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański        WWW: http://larryn.blogspot.com/
    vel LarryN           E-MAIL: wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski[na]pwr.wroc.pl
PhD student @                           JID: larryn at chrome.pl
Wroclaw University of Technology        TEL: +48(071)320-2894