mailinglist vs web forum

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 27 22:00:50 UTC 2006

Simone Rota wrote:
> On 09/27/06 19:01 Jonathan Asghar wrote:
>
>> WHY ARE WE _STILL_ TALKING ABOUT THIS FRAKING FORUM?!?!?!
>> at least 4 times a year this FRAKING thread starts!
>>

> Maybe because a good number of people find some value in a forum?
> Just an hypothesis.
>

>> should we just rename the ML "why-crux-doesnt-have-a-forum at lists.crux.nu"?
>>

> fracking-forum at lists.crux.nu is not bad either.
>
> No, really, everybody please try to keep the discussion
> polite and respectful. Always.
>
> Regards,
> Simone

As stated in the first two sentences on the Crux homepage:
1.  for experienced users
2.  keep it simple

IMO the existing documentation and this mailing lists are sufficient
enough to allow any "experienced" user to download the Crux ISO, install
base/opt/contrib and enjoy a great Linux OS.  There are already
thousands of useful Internet forums covering every aspect of a Linux OS
and applications.  Let those be your Crux forums.  So I say let's not
re-create the wheel on this issue.  I'd rather have a polished OS and no
forum than a great forum echoing complaints about the lack of
development resources.