mailinglist vs web forum

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Thu Sep 28 08:16:40 UTC 2006

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006, Jonathan Asghar wrote:

> WHY ARE WE _STILL_ TALKING ABOUT THIS FRAKING FORUM?!?!?!
> at least 4 times a year this FRAKING thread starts!
> should we just rename the ML "why-crux-doesnt-have-a-forum at lists.crux.nu"?
>
> I know i'm not the _only_ one annoyed about this.

Well, I'm not that fanatic about the forum issue, but not annoyed by it
either. And opinions and user bases change over time. And you know,
foolish consistency...

As pointed out also by others I would welcome the forum solution if it
were integrated with the mailing list. And provided that the forum-based
access point did not degrade the quality of comminication on the ml itself
(e.g. messages devoid of proper quoting an so on).

Michele
--
MANIOS MED FHEFHAKED NUMASIOI
- "Fibula Praenestina"