"Packager" field

Antti Nykänen aon at iki.fi
Fri Sep 29 12:15:47 UTC 2006

Hi,

On 2006-09-29 at 00:27, Mark Rosenstand wrote:
> Anyway, it'd be nice to reach some consensus and see some consistency
> with the use of that field. Is the info useful? Could it be located
> elsewhere, e.g. commit messages? If not, wouldn't (multiple)
> Contributor: fields make more sense, or will there always be at most 2
> people contributing to a port?

I think that if something is decided to be left out, it should be
Packager, since maintainer changes are tracked in svn, and whoever
imports it should be responsible for the port even if it's copied from
someone else (this should probably be mentioned in the initial commit
message). Adding multiple contributor fields doesn't sound very good.

--
Antti Nykänen | aon at iki.fi | http://aon.iki.fi/