pkgutils-c-1.5

Clemens Koller clemens.koller at anagramm.de
Fri Aug 10 11:10:23 UTC 2007

Hello, Anton!

 > > [pkgutils vs. pkgutils-c differences...]
> Sure. Let's point to all user visible changes, not compatible are
> 1 and 4.

Thank you for your update.
I think it makes sense to include your 10 notes with the pkgutils source
README file for further reference.

I currently moved one of my machines to your
pkgutils-c, the others might follow. Good work!

> Well. I'm not that against tabs, I prefer them but for indenting,
> not for formating. Spaces for formatting helps people with tab
> size != 8. Use vim?

I'm using vim with tab inserting tabs which are 8 spaces wide.
In the case of pkgadd.conf I just felt too lazy to align the
rows manually, whenever I insert characters somewhere in the regexps.

> If I didn't convinced you, well okay... I'll change spaces to
> tabs then. ;-)

Thank you! 8-)

Oh, and I have one more wish:
Is it possible to extend the db and pkgutils with a time tag containing
the time when a package has been installed?
I guess we would need to break the db or add a second log file?!

I often want to re-install an already installed package without
any version change after I upgraded i.e. gcc.
Okay, maybe prt-get.conf's {add,remove}command can help me here...

Clemens Koller
R&D Imaging Devices
Anagramm GmbH
Rupert-Mayer-Straße 45/1