problems with EPIA M

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at crux.nu
Sat Aug 11 15:17:39 UTC 2007

fikin [2007-08-10 16:37]:
> # /usr/bin/setup
> /usr/bin/setup : line 263: syntax error near unexpected token 'else'
> [...]
>
> Now, the very same iso installs just fine under qemu (cpu emulation as an
> athlon).

Strange indeed.

Maybe first try Clemens' suggestion and verify that your burned CD is
okay. You could start by md5sum'ing the bash executable and the setup
script. If the md5sums in the running installation are differing from the
ones in qemu, the CD is probably b0rked.

Or maybe the binaries on the ISO just don't work properly on your
processor. Otherwise I don't see why it would work in qemu but not on
the real thing :/

Regards,
Tilman