OpenOffice issue

Tilman Sauerbeck tilman at crux.nu
Wed Feb 14 07:46:56 UTC 2007

Alwin Egger [2007-02-14 00:56]:

Hi,

> After migrating to Crux 2.2 and therefore compiling X11R7.1 I'm not able
> to start OpenOffice any more. It quits telling me this:
>
> #soffice
> soffice.bin: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock'
> failed.
> /usr/bin/soffice: line 236:  4730 Aborted
> "$sd_prog/$sd_binary" "$@"
>
> I recompiled a bunch of ports, including xorg-libxcb and others.
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

Yes, not with OpenOffice though.

The following packages work for me:
openoffice 2.1.0-1
xorg-libxcb 1.0-1
xorg-libx11 1.1.1-1

Do you run these versions, too? In general, make sure you run the latest
versions of the xorg ports (there have been bugs in various xorg-lib*
packages that will result in the above assertion failures).

You can rebuild xorg-libxcb with the following patch
http://files.code-monkey.de/libxcb-assert-backtrace.diff
and run soffice again; it should print a nice backtrace then with which
I probably can identify the problem.

If you just want it to work, rebuild xorg-libxcb with this patch
http://files.code-monkey.de/libxcb-disable_asserts.diff
instead. I'd rather see the backtrace though so the problem can be
properly fixed.

Regards,
Tilman