Crux and WLAN

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski at pwr.wroc.pl
Wed Feb 14 19:55:56 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 09:36:21PM +0200, Jesse Kokkarinen wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 08:17:40PM +0100, Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wrote:
> > Hello,
>
> Hi
>
> > I have a question. I've bought old IBM ThinkPad T21 and Linksys WPC54G
> > V3. I wonder how to installed Crux on it. I have no net (wireless card
> > dosen't work) I think it should works with Ndiswrapper, but it is in
> > opt, but no at CD. I think the only way is to download the source in
> > Windows and then build in in Crux. Or maybe is other way?
>
> I highly suggest you install using a wired lan in the beginning. Wlan is a
> mess outside the establishment (Windows, Mac). Focus on installing the base
> system first, then install ndiswrapper.

Ok. Installing the base was 'piece of cake' :). I don't know why people
think Crux is 'hard-install' distro :))))))

[...]

Thank you for your opinion. I'll keep in mind your advice.

Wawrzek

--
Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański        WWW: http://larryn.blogspot.com/
    vel LarryN           E-MAIL: wawrzyniec.niewodniczanski[na]pwr.wroc.pl
PhD student @                           JID: larryn at chrome.pl
Wroclaw University of Technology        TEL: +48(071)320-2894