prt-get with Pkgfile using shells Command Substitution

Johannes Winkelmann jw at smts.ch
Sat Feb 24 16:16:42 UTC 2007

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 16:39:27 +0100, Matthias Pfeifer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> i am trying to maintain a port of emacs that accesses the emacs cvs
> repository to
> get the sources. however regarding versioning i was trying to be keen and
> inserted
>
> version=cvs-$(date %G)
> release=$(date +%j)
>
> on the long run - giving me a new version each year and a new release
> everyday
> i ask for it. however prt-get was misbehaving and eating more and more
> memory.
A fix for a similar problem was committed to git a while ago; here's the
diff:
  http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=tools/prt-get.git;a=commitdiff_plain;h=9d14fe2c461b6bba41c16482d61fb27496c5684e

Could you check whether this fixes the problem your seeing?

HTH, Johannes
Johannes Winkelmann              mailto:jw at smts.ch
Zurich, Switzerland              http://jw.smts.ch