Getting a port considered for contrib or opt

Chris Pemberton cjpembo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 01:52:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm creating a port of Intel's "powertop" application.  (Yes, I'm aware
that the ecarux ports collection already contains one; but I'm doing
this as a learning experience).

This application has enabled me to tweak my system and thus extend my
laptop's battery.

So, how does a port get included in opt or contrib?  I imagine it gets
included iff:

(Benefit of using package) >= (Effort of maintaining package)

If this is true, then I present an up to date Pkgfile in the hopes that
you find it useful (addictive) enough to warrant inclusion.

I'm currently using it to track changes in the xorg-xf86-video-intel
driver.  Specifically, if using Xv vs textures is the most energy
efficient method to play full screen videos.

Chris