Linux and ACPI for Lenovo. not specific to crux

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Fri Nov 9 10:06:38 UTC 2007

Hello, fernanbolando.

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 08:53:48 +0800
"fernanbolando" <fernanbolando at ceccoils.com> wrote:

>[...]
> I got my ACPI going. thanks for all the help.
>
> As it turns out I can only use p4_clockmod because my new laptop
> has only a celeron M. I am able to slow it down, But I am not really
> sure if it is really lowering the temp. Other than feeling sluggish and
> clumsy when I drive the clock, I am not really sure how check. On going
> monitoring.

You can try to 'cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature'.
I want some interactive control over the powersaving features, so I use
some userspace apps[1] and put this in /etc/rc.local:
'echo userspace > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor'

[1] http://openbunker.org/crux/ports/mike/wmlaptop/Pkgfile,
http://openbunker.org/crux/ports/mike/wmthrottle/Pkgfile

--
Mikhail Kolesnik