Dude, I'm getting a dell....if CRUX will support it that is....

Alan Mizrahi alan+crux at mizrahi.com.ve
Thu Nov 15 21:30:31 UTC 2007

> We are considering the purchase of a DELL 2950 Power Edge server.
>
> Does anyone have any experience getting the PERC5/i RAID controller working
> with Crux2.3?

For this controller you'll have to enable CONFIG_MEGARAID_SAS in the kernel.

There seems to be a DMA bug with firmware versions less than *-0095 [1], so if
you happen to get one of these, try to update the firmware version, or follow
this workaround [2].

[1] http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0609.0/1387.html
[2] http://marc.info/?l=linux-poweredge&m=115984680103611

Alan Mizrahi