CRUX-CD without raid-autodetect !?

Falk Hamann Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com
Mon Dec 1 13:44:29 UTC 2008

Dear community

Something changed since crux-2.3. ;-)
Hopefully.
But with the good old crux-2.3 boot-cd, I can boot a server and the
md-devices were autodetected and binded correctly.

Crux-2.3 md, scsi, sata compiled into kernel -> works
Crux-2.4, Crux-2.5: kernel modular, initramfs -> no autodetect anymore

Or is this a difference between mdev and udev ?

I tried also a selfbuild kernel with all relevant parts buildin. But
this doesn't help.
Short google-session brought some results:
"... kernel autodetect is correspondingly deprecated."
http://linux-raid.osdl.org/index.php/RAID_Boot

They solved it with an initramfs and mdadm.conf.
But this is the wrong way for a live-cd.

I attached 2 patches for "manuell auto-detecting" raids within the
squashfs-environment.
Is this the "right" way for crux ?

Any help would be appreciated.

best regards
Falk Hamann

--

Falk Hamann, IT
T +49-7191-9669-242, F +49-7191-9669-6242, Falk.Hamann at dbaudio.com
www.dbaudio.com

d&b audiotechnik GmbH, Eugen-Adolff-Str. 134, 71522 Backnang, Germany
Geschäftsführer: Frank Bothe, Markus Strohmeier
Finanzen: Kay Lange; Marketing: Simon Johnston; Vertrieb: Peter Tongue
Sitz: Backnang; Amtsgericht - Registergericht - Stuttgart, HRB 725789