[ANN] CRUX 2.5-rc1 available

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Mon Dec 8 13:00:01 UTC 2008

Hello, Tilman.

On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 14:14:21 +0100
Tilman Sauerbeck <tilman at crux.nu> wrote:

> Please report problems if you find them :)

I am trying to test a fresh install and an upgrade from 2.4 on
Virtualbox 2.0.6. Host OS: CRUX 2.4, kernel 2.6.27.7

Machine shuts down during 'loading modules... IDE', see Virtualbox log
here: [1]. Changing memory size, IDE controller type and PAE/NX bits does
not help. Booting with: 'CRUX noide' or 'CRUX libata' solves the problem
(IDE HDD becomes /dev/sda). Log of a working VM here: [2].

I guess, it is Virtualbox related problem, but I haven't find any
specific info though. Maybe it has something to do with commit [3]?

[1] http://pastebin.com/m6198de15
[2] http://pastebin.com/m66d257fd
[3] http://crux.nu/gitweb/?p=system/iso.git;a=commitdiff;h=74156957bbadafe53849e0423030c33ee5b3d89d

--