Call for testing: Improved Firefox port.

Predrag Ivanovic predivan at nadlanu.com
Wed Mar 5 14:55:40 UTC 2008

On Wed, 05 Mar 2008 06:10:54 -0500
Brett Goulder wrote:

<snip>
> > Start-time performance?Firefox startup is one-time
> > event(start it up,use it, keep it open for a few days until it either
> > chews large chunk of RAM or extensions need updating, then
> > close/restart it).
>
> Not everyone uses Firefox this way, just because you do does not mean
> everyone does.
I thought it's obvious that I'm talking about the way *I* use FF.How others use it I don't
really care, to be honest.

> Again, debloating in addition to reducing the speed at
> which it starts are both worthwhile improvements when it causes the
> users no grievances (hence the point of testing this).

And it is perfectly valid point, and I respect your desire to improve/debloat/whatever Firefox port.
What I tried to say(and failed miserably, it seems :) ), is that with the way *I* use Firefox, things that you want
to improve are a non-issue for me i.e I don't care about them, but if there are people that do care(and you are
one of them, obviously), and you improve Firefox port, I have absolutely no problem with that.

Pedja
--
 Seen on eBay: "Praise : Complete Fraud! Took all our money and never received
any product"