Repositories update (e17 and pitillo).

Jose V Beneyto sepen at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 7 10:02:48 UTC 2008

Lucas Hazel wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2008 18:51:59 +0100
> Victor Martinez <pitillo at ono.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I just updated my two CRUX repositories (pitillo and e17) to use
>> rsync. They can be found here [1] and the rsync files here [2].
>> I hope the portDB maintainer can update both.
>> Thank you.
>> Best regards, Victor.
>>

>> [1] http://lokalix.dyndns.org/crux/ports/e17/
>>     http://lokalix.dyndns.org/crux/ports/pitillo/
>> [2] http://lokalix.dyndns.org/crux/e17.rsync
>>     http://lokalix.dyndns.org/crux/pitillo.rsync
>
> Could people stop sending rsync files, these are generated by the
> portdb.
where is documented this feature? at least in the portdb url is not
mentioned,
and if they are generated please check mine, it was generated with
errors, so what
to do?
> Just send me the address of the repo.
to you? what about the 'contrib-admin' account?
(imho would be better to use a more intuitive address like
'portdb(at)crux(dot)nu')
and the 'address' of a .rsync repo makes no sense, you need 'host' and
'collection' variables

also, ATM the portdb registration seems unavailable, so why not keep it
hidden for now?

Thanks in advance,
    Jose V Beneyto