Testing wanted: pkgmk with --ignore-new option

Predrag Ivanovic predivan at nadlanu.com
Sat Mar 7 14:32:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:08:28 +0100
Johannes Winkelmann wrote:

>Hi there,
>
>I've done an update to pkgmk to add symbolic error codes (fairly coarse
>for now), and to optionally ignore footprint missmatches if no files are
>missing (also see bug #221 for more information on this).

Pkgmk that Han Boetes modified few years back (which I use without problems so far),
has something similar wrt footprint mismatches (and a few extra goodies
that made my life when making ports a bit easier :) )

e.g (output modified for clarity)

=======> WARNING: Footprint mismatch found:
MISSING   lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so -> libpurple-client.so.0.5.4
MISSING   lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so.0 -> libpurple-client.so.0.5.4
MISSING   -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so.0.5.4
NEW       lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so -> libpurple-client.so.0.5.5
NEW       lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so.0 -> libpurple-client.so.0.5.5
NEW       -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple-client.so.0.5.5
MISSING   lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so -> libpurple.so.0.5.4
MISSING   lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so.0 -> libpurple.so.0.5.4
MISSING   -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so.0.5.4
NEW       lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so -> libpurple.so.0.5.5
NEW       lrwxrwxrwx      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so.0 -> libpurple.so.0.5.5
NEW       -rwxr-xr-x      root/root       usr/lib/libpurple.so.0.5.5
NEW       -rw-r--r--      root/root       usr/share/purple/ca-certs/AOL_Member_CA.pem
NEW       -rw-r--r--      root/root       usr/share/purple/ca-certs/America_Online_Root_Certification_Authority_1.pem
NEW       -rw-r--r--      root/root       usr/share/purple/ca-certs/VeriSign_International_Server_Class_3_CA.pem
[u]pdate footprint/[e]rror/[i]gnore footprint mismatch [u/e/i] u
=======> Footprint updated.
=======> Building `/usr/pkgmk/package/pidgin#2.5.5-1.pkg.tar.gz' succeeded.
=======> Leaving fakeroot environment
[snip]

>Please let me know if you have comments or feedback!
>Cheers, Johannes

I always wondered why vanilla pkgmk doesn't have something similar, I'm glad to see
that it might get such a usefull, imho, feature.Default 'throw an error, remove all' behaviour always
seemed a bit abrupt to me, not to mention frustrating when I made a typo in Pkgfile or forgot to remove some junk file, and
pkgmk happily deletes both source and built package that took an hour to compile(that was the default behaviour, iirc).Oh, memories, memories ;)
I'm sure you'll come up with some nice/elegant/usefull solution, Johannes, you have pretty good track record so far :)

Pedja
--
 Zombie processes haunting the computer