Testing wanted: pkgmk with --ignore-new option

Mikhail Kolesnik mike at openbunker.org
Sun Mar 8 11:46:40 UTC 2009

Hello, Johannes.

On Sun, 8 Mar 2009 11:25:02 +0100
Johannes Winkelmann <jw at smts.ch> wrote:

> Somehow related, I was wondering if lack of md5sum and footprint files
> should be considered an error; I think it should. These files should be
> created only during packaging, but not when building packages from a
> published ports tree. Opinions?

Yes and (even if the port's source is fetched from svn/git/whatever
during the build process) having an empty '.md5sum' seems more
consistent than having no file at all.
Could that be enforced on the pkgmk level? Say, having a switch that
would make it fail in attempt to build a package from a port with no
'.footprint' or '.md5sum'. That switch can be used by default in the
prt-get.conf. Port maintainer would create port as usual, but the user
would feel himself a little more safer.

--
Mikhail Kolesnik
JID: mike_k at jabber.org
ICQ: 260259143
IRC: mike_k at freenode/#crux, rusnet/#yalta