Migration of LVM to new OS

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:03:42 UTC 2009

HI,

I'm back ;)

I got tired of Ubuntu server LTS 8.04 and the way it's handling WPA.
It seems to be impossible to configure WPA2 from command line. so of
course I decided to use CRUX. I installed it, resolve some issues and
now I need to migrate the LVM settings from Ubuntu.

I saved the whole /etc/ directory so I've got the info about my LVM
and of course I haven't played with partition tables and any other
disk configuration.

There is the different in the name convention (sdX in Ubuntu and hdX
in CRUX). Is there anything I should be aware before starting
migration?

Wawrzek

BTW. I successfully built ndiswrapper 1.55 with standard CRUX 2.6
kernel without any patches.

--
 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański      vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
    Linux User #177124              E-MAIL: wawrzek at gmail.com
 PhD in Quantum Chemistry            WWW: http://wawrzek.name
 MSc in Molecular Engineering           JID: wawrzek at jabber.wroc.pl