Migration of LVM to new OS

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 19:41:55 UTC 2009

2009/11/2 Markus Messmer <markus.messmer at googlemail.com>:

Hi,

>> There is the different in the name convention (sdX in Ubuntu and hdX
>> in CRUX). Is there anything I should be aware before starting
>> migration?
>
> This depends on how you configure your kernel. When using
> < > ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support you will end up with hdX
> the new libata drivers will put sdX in your /dev tree, it's recommended
> to use this
> <*> Serial ATA (prod) and Parallel ATA (experimental) drivers

Thanks for suggestion.
It makes perfect sense. First time I overlooked ATA/PATA/SATA options.
I didn't change them, so they were built as modules, and system
couldn't intilize root partition. The box is in garage and I'm not
living in California, so I don't reboot it too often and next time I
marked both option for any case ;)

Wawrzek
--
 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański      vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
    Linux User #177124              E-MAIL: wawrzek at gmail.com
 PhD in Quantum Chemistry            WWW: http://wawrzek.name
 MSc in Molecular Engineering           JID: wawrzek at jabber.wroc.pl