How to recompile all installed xorg

Jose V Beneyto sepen at mikeux.dyndns.org
Wed May 19 21:13:54 UTC 2010

Hi,

On 05/19/10 21:16, James Mills wrote:
> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Michael Norris<miken08003 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>     How do I recompile all of my installed xorg packages without issuing the commands for each package one at a time?
>
> Easy :) Use the amazing wonderful prt-get
>
> $ prt-get update -fr -if -im `prt-get quickdep xorg`
>
> This will ensure a rebuild, ignore foot-print mismatches and md5sum errors
> and will rebuild "ALL" of xorg.

yeah, but this prt-get trick will rebuild all involved dependencies for
the xorg port
$ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do echo $p; done ) | wc -l
96
$ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
echo $p; done ) | wc -l
78

maybe you want to save sometime
$ for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
sudo prt-get update -fr -if -im $p; done

Jose V Beneyto | http://sepen.mine.nu/