Problem with xorg-server-1.8.1

Fredrik Rinnestam fredrik at rinnestam.se
Fri May 21 21:27:28 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 02:07:47PM -0700, Michael Norris wrote:
>        I also found a second way to fix the problem. I needed to have hal running and enable input events in my kernel .config (and recompile the kernel). I hope this helps.
>
> Mike

HAL is not used by xorg-server 1.8 in any way. it depends on udev to
supply input devices. As to why "it doesnt work", i dont know. perhaps
it has something to do with evdev not being installed and supported by
the kernel. some logs would help to track down the problem (as usual).

--

/Fredrik Rinnestam