problem with xorg-server-1.8.1

Hazel Russman hazel_russman at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 22 15:11:59 UTC 2010

> Message: 2
> Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Michael Norris <miken08003 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: Problem with xorg-server-1.8.1
> To: Crux <crux at lists.crux.nu>
>

> Hazel,
>
>     I had the same problem and was able to fix it by adding the following line to my xorg.conf file.
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
> Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
> EndSection
>

>        I also found a second way to fix the problem. I needed to have hal running and enable input events in my kernel .config (and recompile the kernel). I hope this helps.
>
> Mike
Thanks, Mike. Your xorg.conf modification did the trick. I have disallowed both AutoAddDevices and AllowEmptyInput and the new server now works perfectly. I really don't want to complicate Crux's beautiful simplicity with all that hal stuff; I chose Crux to get away from that sort of thing.
--
Hazel Russman <hazel_russman at yahoo.co.uk>