How to recompile all installed xorg

Danny Rawlins d.rawlins at datafast.net.au
Sun May 23 14:52:48 UTC 2010

Jose V Beneyto wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 05/19/10 21:16, James Mills wrote:
>> On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Michael
>> Norris<miken08003 at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>>     How do I recompile all of my installed xorg packages without
>>> issuing the commands for each package one at a time?
>>
>> Easy :) Use the amazing wonderful prt-get
>>
>> $ prt-get update -fr -if -im `prt-get quickdep xorg`
>>
>> This will ensure a rebuild, ignore foot-print mismatches and md5sum
>> errors
>> and will rebuild "ALL" of xorg.
>
> yeah, but this prt-get trick will rebuild all involved dependencies
> for the xorg port
> $ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do echo $p; done ) | wc -l
> 96
> $ ( for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
> echo $p; done ) | wc -l
> 78
>
> maybe you want to save sometime
> $ for p in $(prt-get quickdep xorg); do [ -d /usr/ports/xorg/$p ] &&
> sudo prt-get update -fr -if -im $p; done
>
> Regards,

I often move or remove built packages.

cd /usr/ports/xorg
. /etc/pkgmk.conf

CAUTION: be sure PKGMK_PACKAGE_DIR is set.

for f in (ls | xargs); do
rm -rf $PKGMK_PACKAGE_DIR/$f*
done

Then do the usual.

sudo prt-get update $(prt-get quickdep xorg)

Note that you may still miss some input,video or other ports of xorg for
those you could do.

sudo prt-get update $(pkginfo -i | cut -d ' ' -f 1 | grep '^xorg-' | xargs)