Idea to promote CRUX

justin domingue justin.domingue at hotmail.com
Mon May 24 21:46:15 UTC 2010

Hi,

I've been using CRUX for about 2 days (still getting my kernel panic, but I will resolve it soon) and I would like to get more people using CRUX, more people thinking as I am (I think the same as CRUX phylosophy). Now, I've got an idea. You probably know http://distrowatch.com... They have a distribution popularity rank (HDP or Hit Per Day). As I am talking, Ubuntu is 2357, Mint : 1622, Fedora : 1579, etc (in the last 6 months) . Unfortunatly, CRUX is ranking at 144 this month (less than 40 views!) . It's sad because it has almost no visibility, and people that could eventually try it probably think they isn't a lot of people (community).

Thus, I have a suggestion. Change the home page of your web browser to http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=crux . This way, CRUX should go up =)

This is only a suggestion, tell what you think!

Bye