Idea to promote CRUX

Clemens Koller clemens.ml at gmx.net
Tue May 25 08:32:34 UTC 2010

Hi, There!

Am 24.05.2010 23:46, schrieb justin domingue:
> I've been using CRUX for about 2 days (still getting my kernel panic,
> but I will resolve it soon) and I would like to get more people using
> CRUX, more people thinking as I am (I think the same as CRUX
> phylosophy).

I've been using CRUX for many years now for several servers and other devices on
x86 and PPC. I really like the hands-on philosophy, but once you are getting busy
with other tasks than maintaining your systems, one thing is really a pain: the
manual upgrade process each CRUX release.
(Imagine maintaining about 10..20 different machines in different locations.)

So, my biggest wish for CRUX: go for Rolling Releases.
That would it make it easier to use/maintain CRUX in production environments.

Just my five cents.

Regards,

Clemens