Idea to promote

William Lewis minutemaidpark at hotmail.com
Fri May 28 12:47:45 UTC 2010

> From: justin.domingue at hotmail.com
> To: crux at lists.crux.nu
> Subject: Re : Idea to promote
> Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 06:22:24 -0700
>
> I think it is a very good idea to incluse precompiled kernel option,
> just like in sourcemage.
>
> You said " who would choose the options" Well, I don't why it'd be
> that hard since almost every distro does it!
>
> Also, most of the people that are installing CRUX are only trying the
> distro, they only want to test if they like it. They could install
> faster with precompiled, and if they liked it, reinstall with compile
> kernel.
>
> Bye
> Envoyé de mon iPod

I don't think you're getting the point.  This is not what CRUX is about.  It's the KISS principle, not the KIEasyS principle.  And in my experience, people are NOT just downloading it to try it then move on to the next distro.  The documentation (as I recall) is very clear about reading the whole handbook before installing.  If you got to the point of compiling a kernel and were too uncomfortable, then I don't think this distro is for you.