Udev, Raid, LVM2 and problems

Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański wawrzek at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:35:01 UTC 2011

Hi,

After recent reboot on of my software RAID array didn't started. I
fixed it (AFAIR I stopped it). The array contents LVM2 partition and
now I had problem with volumes. I can see them but not use. There is
following warning. Do you have any idea? I didn't play with any build
options, so I used default ones.

[root on bizantium] /root $>vgscan
  WARNING: Activation disabled. No device-mapper interaction will be attempted.
  Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
  Found volume group "main" using metadata type lvm2

Finally. I'm not sure if it related or not but I see following error message:

Jul 19 11:09:33 bizantium udev: /etc/rc.multi: line 23:
/etc/rc.d/udev: No such file or directory

I don't remember removing udev file from /etc/rc.d. Do I need one?
What is the default?

Cheers,
Wawrzek

--
 Wawrzyniec Niewodniczański      vel Wawrzek Larry or LarryN
    Linux User #177124              E-MAIL: wawrzek at gmail.com
 PhD in Quantum Chemistry            WWW: http://wawrzek.name
 MSc in Molecular Engineering           JID: wawrzek at jabber.wroc.pl