Bad communication between the gimp and cups

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Fri Mar 11 21:46:59 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 07:42:39PM +0000, Hazel Russman wrote:

Hi Hazel,

> This is a new problem but I don't know precisely when it started as
> I don't often print images in gimp.I certainly used to be able to do
> so, but now the job does not enter the print queue and I get the
> following cups error:

thanks for the report, I'm able to reproduce the problem here. Seems
that printing with gimp via the gtk+ printer API is broken currently.
Dunno why, but it might be a problem with new ghostscript 9.x.

I've modified the gutenprint port to allow building of the gimp printer
plugin, with that printing works fine for me. Hope for you as well.

regards
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux