vim's Pkgfile

Juergen Daubert jue at jue.li
Sat Mar 19 08:52:34 UTC 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:35:44PM +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:

Hi Michal,

thanks for the patch, comments below:

> This patch introduces small change that should make vim updates a bit
> less irritating - currently Pkgfile depends on manually prepared batches
> of official patches. With a bit of shell/eval trickey in source=() it's
> not independent from that - only thing needed to update now is just bumping
> the version number.

I prefer to stick with our patch-collections rather than populate users
disk with a lot of small patches

> >>From other changes:
>
> - attr was missing in depends

attr depends on acl, so it's not necessary to list attr

> - possibly controversial: system-wide vimrc now resides in /etc

see http://crux.nu/Main/Handbook2-7#ntoc26, we should not use /etc for
vim here

> - runtime path is not "simplified", so it resides in vim's default now

that's a regression IMO, we would break other stuff that installs vim
extensions

> - datarootdir added to second configure to avoid /share/vim ... paths

accepted, will fix that with the next release

Greetings
Juergen

Juergen Daubert  |  mailto:jue at jue.li
Korb, Germany    |  http://jue.li/crux