vim's Pkgfile

Michal Soltys soltys at ziu.info
Sat Mar 19 11:03:59 UTC 2011

On 11-03-19 09:52, Juergen Daubert wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:35:44PM +0100, Michal Soltys wrote:
>
> Hi Michal,
>
> thanks for the patch, comments below:
>
>>  This patch introduces small change that should make vim updates a bit
>>  less irritating - currently Pkgfile depends on manually prepared batches
>>  of official patches. With a bit of shell/eval trickey in source=() it's
>>  now independent from that - only thing needed to update now is just bumping
>>  the version number.
>
> I prefer to stick with our patch-collections rather than populate users
> disk with a lot of small patches

All right. Though prtwash -s would do the thing :)

>>  >> From other changes:
>>
>>  - attr was missing in depends
>
> attr depends on acl, so it's not necessary to list attr

Ok - I assumed that all /direct/ dependencies of the binaries should be
listed (it's similar story with gcc's cc1, which directly depends on all
lib{gmp,mpc,mpfr} ).

>>  - possibly controversial: system-wide vimrc now resides in /etc
>
> see http://crux.nu/Main/Handbook2-7#ntoc26, we should not use /etc for
> vim here
>
>>  - runtime path is not "simplified", so it resides in vim's default now
>
> that's a regression IMO, we would break other stuff that installs vim
> extensions

You mean in preexisting users' installations ?

FWIW, quick grep over all ports' footprints showed no apparent problems
on this front at least, so I thought that was quick and safe change.

Point being of the change - I'm always uneasy about adjusting vim's
default directory layout.